Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Keeler Motor Car - Meet our Employees.

Keeler Motor Car and Keeler BMW is happy to introduce you to our BMW Service Manager BMW, Tom Jess. 

What is that you do at Keeler Motor Car? I am the Service Manager for Keeler BMW and Keeler MINI. For the most part I am an interface between departments and between customers and technicians. 

Do you have a family? I have a huge extended family that are scattered all over the US. My immediate family consists of a wonderful wife, one dog and one cat.. 

Have you always been in the automotive industry? I have always been a “car nut”. I went to tech school right out of high school and have been in the dealership environment ever since. 

What do you love about working at Keeler Motor Car? Keeler is a great work environment. You are not a “number” here and you get to work with some of the most talented individuals in the automotive business. This is probably why Keeler Motor Car has the great reputation that it does.

What are some of your hobbies/favorite activities? Some of my hobbies are fishing, playing drums, and camping. 

What are some of your favorite local restaurants? My favorite local restaurant is The Century House hands down.

What kind of car do you drive? Today I drove a van to work, but I do own a BMW 3 Series.

What's your favorite car at Keeler Motor Car? The new 535xi. BMW really got this car right. The fit and finish of this vehicle is exceptional. I would imagine that this is what we can expect for future new models.

What was your first position when you started at Keeler? I started as a MINI technician.

How did you get started? I have a pretty extensive back ground in automotive repair and technology. I grew up on a farm and most repairs needed to be completed on site. I believe this is what gave me the desire to go to college for automotive repair. Since then I just learned as much as I could about the business. I had a lot of great mentors along the way, and I have a great support system now.

What kind of skills or characteristics does someone need to do this job successfully? I believe that analytical thinking and an automotive back ground are a must. Being able to listen and communicate are big factors. I do believe that being honest is probably the most important characteristic, not just in my position but every position.

What advice can you give to anyone who would be interested in doing what you do? Stay in school. Learn as much as you can from a technical position and take classes that have to do with business management and accounting. Be patient and listen to the technicians that have been doing it longer then yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment