Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Keeler Motor Car Customer Testimonials

Hear what some of our customers have said about Keeler Motor Car recently:

"My Dealer is Keeler!"

Between my wife and I, this will be the fourth vehicle purchase from Keeler Motor Car Company (BMW and Mercedes-Benz.)  The staffs that attended to us during these purchases and services have been exceptionally professional and trained to get the job done.  We are a "Keelerian", that is, "Keeler Family Member" for over ten years now.  I hope you don't mind me coining the word!  You could bank on it that we had and will continue to spread the good news about Keeler to family and friends particularly when purchasing certified Mercedes-Benz.  You are the best in that category!!
Emmanuel

"Exceeded my experiences!"

The people in the service department at Keeler Honda are so nice!  I bought my 2010 Honda Accord last Spring (sales dept was great too!) and have been in contact with Service only twice but both times have exceeded my experiences with other service departments in the way I have been treated.  I'm bringing my car in for a software update this week and can only assume we'll keep this 100% customer satisfaction streak going!
LuAnn

"Why go anywhere else but Keeler Motor Car"

It is always a pleasure to deal with the people at Keeler Motor Car.  you know they will always be helpful no matter what!  We often think of buying another type of car but Keeler makes us so happy so why go anywhere else?
Barry

"I LOVE Reggae music!"

Dear Andrea,
Quite a few years ago I went to a Jimmy Cliff concert at Middlebury College, and after an opening act, he came on stage to a crowd of 10,000 screaming, adoring fans.  When he finally got people somewhat quiet, he said:  "I don't like reggae music..."

You've never heard a crowd of 10,000 go silent faster.  Long pause...then he said, "I LOVE Reggae music."
The place exploded!

That's how I feel about my new MINI Cooper - i don't just like it.  It's the best handling car I've ever owned, and over the years I've had two MG's , a 1967 Morgan Plus 4, A Range Rover, and an early Miata that was a knock off of the Lotus Elan.  (The Morgan could take sharp curves at high speeds with out flinching, although the creature comforts were rather minimal.)
In any case, I am very impressed with everything about the MINI.  The fit and finish seems perfect, and, as everyone says, it is just pure fun to drive!  (It wanted to zip up the 85 on the Northway, and I am going to have to watch the speedometer as it just seems to want to go faster.)
Please accept my thanks for all your help in making this happen.  From order to delivery, it was incredibly quick and the whole experience of picking it up at Keeler MINI was a pleasure!  Kevin made the paperwork painless and your introduction to all the dashboard intricacies was brilliant!  Cheers!
James

"Most Professional"

Mike Severino is the most professional service representative I have ever worked with at Keeler Mercedes-Benz .  I have come to trust his judgement and advice without hesitation.
Steve

"Pleasant Experience at Keeler BMW"

Dear Maria,
Buying my fourth BMW from Joe Marcil has been a pleasant experience.  Customer Service and product knowledge from Joe has been second to none!  Joe reflects the professionalism that portray's Keeler Motor Car.  You could not have a better ambassador for your company than Joe Marcil!  Please pass these accolades on to the sales manager at your BMW division.  Thank you for the pleasant experience.
Bill

"Thank you Keeler Mercedes-Benz"

I want to thank all the associates at Keeler Mercedes-Benz for their diligent efforts in restoring my 1986 Mercedes-Benz 560 SL back to health.  It is now operating safely, comfortably and reliably.  They all went the extra mile to service my classic automobile and looked after items I did know about.  Thank you!!
Godfrey

"Thank you all so much"

Dear Bill, Andrea and Raffe,

I love doing business with friends and hopefully I don't drive a hard bargain? just a great little black cooper that I LOVE!!! You guys were and are great and will always receive a 10 out of 10 recommendation for professional service and attention to detail. You made the past 8 years easy, the purchase simple, the new guy I met in finance was great also and I long to look after you guys in Placid with beers and accommodation as availability allows.

It has been a great first 8 years with Keeler and this relationship will continue if the service is half as good as I'm getting! I salute you all.

Best regards,
Stuart

"Keeler BMW's wonderful service"

I would just like to comment on the wonderful Service Dept. at Keeler BMW and mainly your employee Raffe. He was more than helpful at the last visit and really listened to my car's issues and they were corrected in the best and most friendly manner than any of the other Service Reps I have dealt with this year. My hat is off to Raffe and Mini Service Department.
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. They all went the extra mile to service my classic automobile and looked after items I did know about. I like this blog. Thank you for sharing.

    kingston cabs

    ReplyDelete