Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Keeler Motor Car - Meet our employees!

When we first started this blog back in 2008 (wow, I can't believe it was that long ago!) we highlighted an employee once a week.  For some reason we got away from doing it, not sure why.  I think people/customers like to know a little bit about the people they do business with.  I know at Keeler Motor Car we have many customers who have become close friends to their sales consultant and sales manager.  So, with that being said, i thought we should reignite the "get to know our employee" segment of this blog.

Of course it is the end of the month and end of the year so anyone in the car business knows that it is, as Crazy Eddie would say, INSANE around here!!  So I'll be a little self indulgent and start with myself.

ME:  What is that you do at Keeler Motor Car?
ME:  Well, first of all my name is Wendy and I have been working at Keeler Motor Car Company for 9 years this month.  I have been working in the Marketing Dept since I began.  I started in Customer Relations and now I am the Assistant Marketing Director.  I am the social media coordinator, event planner, sponsorship manager, blog writer, lunch coordinator and Keeler cheerleader!

ME:  Do you have a family?
ME:  Yes, I've been married for 9 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters; Chloe is 3 1/2 and Madeline is 2 1/2.

ME:  Have you always been in the automotive industry?
ME:  No.  I have been in the restaurant business my entire life.  My family owned a Tavern in Mechanicville that my husband, brother and I eventually bought and ran for a few years.  I also worked at the old Professor Moriarty's Restaurant in Saratoga for many years.

ME:  What do you love about working at Keeler Motor Car?
ME:  First and foremost I love working for an amazing owner.  Mr. Keeler is not only supportive and loyal to his employees but also to his customers.  He is also incredibly generous to local charities but never wants recognition for it.  I also love the people that I work with and the customers, many of whom have become like family to us.

ME:  What are some of your hobbies/favorite activities?
ME:  In the summer our family enjoys boating on Saratoga Lake and going to the Saratoga Racecourse.  My girls (and husband!) love the horses.  In the winter we tend to hibernate a bit but we are looking forward to taking our girls skiing and snowboarding for the first time.  And of course, sleigh riding!

ME:  What are some of your favorite restaurants?
ME:  Since Saratoga is our backyard we tend to go there to eat;  Chianti's, 8 Tables, Forno, Sperry's and Maestro's are some of our favorites.

ME:  What kind of car do you drive?  What's your favorite car at Keeler Motor Car?
ME:  I'm currently driving a 2006 BMW X5 which I absolutely love.  It was my very first NEW car.  As far as my favorite car at dealership...well that's a tough one.  I saw the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG for the first time this year and all I can say is WHOA!  When our tech drove that into the service drive-thru I was blown away at its sound.  I really love the all-new MINI Countryman.  It's getting some really great reviews too.  I also like the new Honda Crosstour.

ME:  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2011
ME:  Keep working for Keeler Motor Car, be more healthy and enjoy every minute of every day because you just never know where your life might lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment